Investments and the POIS Savings Fund
To provide good potential for growth over the longer term, by investing in stocks and shares.
- The POIS Savings Fund invests in UK shares individually chosen by the fund manager to provide long term growth opportunities whilst managing risk through selecting shares across different sectors and by size of company. It is an actively managed fund.
- The contributions you make will be used to purchase units in the fund. The value of the units can go down as well as up depending on the price of the investments in the fund and the value is not guaranteed.
Investing in different industry sectors helps reduce risk and increase potential returns through diversification. It's all about not having 'all your eggs in one basket'.
Sectors can include:
- Oil and gas - production and support companies
- Industrials - construction and engineering companies
- Consumer goods - food and clothes retailers
- Telecommunications - fixed line and mobile companies
- Utilities - electric, gas and water companies
- Financial - Banks and insurance companies
Investments in the POIS Savings Fund will vary
A sector's performance can be influenced by factors including legislation, competitiveness, price of raw materials, economic conditions and consumer spending. Therefore it can change overtime. It is up to the fund manager to identify those sectors which offer the most potential.
For example if the economy is buoyant people tend to spend more, which would mean sectors such as consumer services which include travel and leisure companies and clothing retailers might do well. Whereas if the price of raw materials or oil is low, then investing in mining companies or oil and gas producers may not provide the best returns. Within a sector the fund manager will select the individual companies to buy shares in.
Investments in the POIS Savings Fund will vary, for example as new opportunities arise or if economic conditions or investment markets change. The fund may purchase shares directly or through collectives, such as OEICs (open-ended investment companies), unit trusts and ETFs (exchange traded funds).
Please Note: You should bear in mind that past performance is not a guide to future performance. The value of investments can fall as well as rise and is not guaranteed.
For more information on the POIS Savings Fund please select from one of the links below, call us on 0800 622 417 or email email@example.com.